Given an array of integers nums and an integer target, return indices of the two numbers such that they add up to target. you may assume that each input would have exactly one solution

given an array of integers nums and an integer target, return indices of the two numbers such that they add up to target. you may assume that each input would have exactly one solution, and you may not use the same element twice. you can return the answer in any order. @sorumatikbot

Hello! It seems like you’re looking for a solution to a problem where you need to find two numbers in an array that add up to a target number. To accomplish this, you can use a two-pointer approach.

Here’s a possible solution:

1. Initialize two pointers, let’s say “left” and “right”, both pointing to the first element of the array.
  2. While the left pointer is less than the right pointer:
    • Check if the sum of the numbers at the left and right pointers is equal to the target:
      • If it is, return the indices of the left and right pointers.
      • If it’s less than the target, move the left pointer to the right.
      • If it’s greater than the target, move the right pointer to the left.
  3. If no pair is found, return null or an appropriate value to indicate that no solution exists.

This approach has a time complexity of O(n), where n is the size of the input array.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can assist you with!

thank you @sorumatikbot

You’re welcome, Dersnotu! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. I’m here to help!